The previous post in this series is:
Dwell on These Things
The first post in this devotional series covering the book of Philippians is Devoted to Philippians.
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. (Philippians 4:8)
- True: not concealed, true, truthful
- Honorable: venerated for character (people or deeds)
- Right: righteous, virtuous, keeping God’s commands
- Pure: immaculate, clean, no faults, venerable
- Lovely: acceptable, pleasing
- Of good repute: sounds well, words of good omen
- Excellence: virtuous thinking, feelings, or actions, moral goodness, purity
- Worthy of praise: commendable
That’s quite a list. But, there’s a theme: actions or people who do godly things.
In other words, people who imitate Christ. Actions that are things He would do and wants us to do. Thoughts that are Christlike.
Be like Jesus! Easy to say, hard to do. But, when we see actions or people who emulate these characteristics, think about them. Dwell on them. Keep thinking that way until those same actions are reflected in my life!
The next post in this series is: